Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Spirit of God . . .

. . . Like a Fire is Burning.

Today has been an eventful day. I've had my tears, smiles, laughs, rants, and who knows what else. My brain also hasn't quite caught up with my fingers, though, which is why the jump from my title to my opening paragraph is skewed.

To remedy that, I'll explain. I won't go into detail, but let's just say this past week has been rather rough. What has saved my heart from the ultimate breaking is knowing that no matter what, my Father in Heaven, Savior Jesus Christ, and their companion, the Holy Ghost, are always with me. I'm not perfect, and shall never attain such a status in this life. As long as I'm working toward it and follow God's commandments, I will be saved. I know He's proud of who I am, what I'm doing, and where I'm going. I know He'll never abandon me, He'll never leave me alone, and He'll always lead me in the right direction. He leads me to my blessed family and beloved friends who look out for me.

I am grateful for the burning in my bosom that indicates His spirit is near. I never want it to leave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment